Avid Media Composer & Avid Symphony v6.0 Mac OSX | 3.2 GB + 3.37 GB
Professional editors and producers like you around the world have told us what you need to succeed. More efficient and easy-to-use video editing tools. An open platform that enables you to work with everything you want and integrate into any workflow. More power to eliminate bottlenecks, so you can work faster than ever. We listened. We took notes. We made it happen.
Introducing Media Composer 6—the fastest, most versatile tool for professional video editing.
You’re going places—literally and figuratively. Having the right video editing and finishing tools that move with you is crucial. That’s why we broke Symphony Nitris DX apart, so you can work wherever and however you please. Symphony 6 is now available in a software-only version, giving you a cost-effective, highly versatile solution that works with your existing hardware. For better performance, bundle it with an Avid video interface or get the complete Symphony System. Plus, you get many exciting new features and workflows that professionals like you asked for.
- Get better performance and speed to handle complex editing, now that Media Composer is a 64-bit app
- Work with the Avid or third-party hardware you want—with Avid Open I/O, third-party manufacturers can now make their I/O hardware work with Media Composer
- Manage and edit stereoscopic 3D projects with a comprehensive set of editorial tools and workflows
- Take hands-on control of all color correction and grading functions with Artist Color
- Create 5.1 and 7.1 surround mixes directly within Media Composer, or import from Pro Tools
- Work more creatively with audio with new mixer features and support for additional Pro Tools hardware
- Work more easily and efficiently—but not differently—with the sleek and sexy new user interface
- Get full native ProRes support on Mac (encode and decode) and Windows (decode only) for easy integration into any ProRes workflow
- Instantly access, screen, and edit AVCHD clips and RED EPIC footage through AMA
- Accelerate your RGB 4:4:4 workflow with Avid DNxHD 444, which delivers exceptional image quality in a low bandwidth format
- Conveniently purchase stock footage, plug-ins, and more through the Avid Marketplace
- Get direct access to user guides and documentation from within the interface
- Access additional ancillary data when working with XDCAM HD material
- Work more easily with animated effects with many keyframe editor improvements
- Get Avid FX (Boris RED), Avid DVD, and Sorenson Squeeze in all versions of the software
- Manage multiple licenses more easily with unified licensing